Friday, April 26, 2013

IUI #2

I got the official news today that my first IUI did not work. What made it really hard hearing that this month is because there was a bit of confusion with my tests.

I had blogged earlier that I was testing out my trigger shot, and I got negative tests on 7 DPO this month. The test was also negative the next day on 8 DPO. But on 9 DPO, after two days of negative tests, I had four positives. Four beautiful even-John-could-see-the-lines positives. I knew for sure I was pregnant. But the next day at 10 DPO, they were negative. And every test after that was negative, too. We don't understand what happened. Our guess is that there was some tiny bit of the hormone that was sitting in a bit of tissue, and finally released into my body later, turning the tests positive. I don't think it was another early loss. It seems a bit early for that to have happened.
Here are the tests from this month. The two on the bottom are two of the positive ones from 9 DPO right under negatives from 7 and 8 DPO. 
It was such a rollercoaster and I'm so exhausted and emotionally worn out. The worst news is that this upcoming month, IUI #2, is the last treatment that we can afford. If it doesn't work, I don't have any idea what we'll do next. I don't feel comfortable trying on my own because of my history of miscarriages. I want to be watched very closely and be on progesterone at the earliest possible moment. I do have some refills of Clomid and progesterone left, so I guess it would make sense to use those up. But I feel like I've been put through the ringer. I am so tired and don't know how much longer I can take it. Maybe taking a break would be good for me.

I'm just waiting for my new cycle to start, and we'll do this all over again. However, we are raising my dose of Clomid from 100 mg to 150 mg to try to get more follicles. Especially if it's the left ovary's turn. We want to try to get one or two on the right.

EDIT: After my appointment, we decided to stay on the 100 mg Clomid, and add a shot of Bravelle to increase number of follicles. Increasing the dose of Clomid doesn't always mean a higher number of follicles.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out! It's SO frustrating to do everything you possibly can and still not get the results you want so badly. Hopefully next time goes better, we'll be thinking of you.

Rachel Helps said...

I took a break for a month (which ended up being two because of other health issues) and it was so nice not to worry about my body every day! I recommend it.