Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Plan

I visited with my OB/GYN this morning to go over my test and talk about what we want to do next. She agreed with the radiologist that the left tube is blocked, and couldn't tell if the contrast dye was able to push it open or not. So, we'll just go with it being blocked for now, and be pleasantly surprised if it's open later (I anticipate needing to do more HSGs in the future).

As far as what to do next, we discussed options, and decided to not go to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) yet. She said that if/when I go see one, they will do a lot of monitoring with ultrasound to track my whole cycle. The only thing I can see when I think about doing that is watching money I don't have fly out of my pocket.

What we all felt was better was to do a few more rounds of Clomid. What surprised me was that she prescribed six more cycles, putting me at a total of nine, if I need to take them all. I had read that it's not the best to take more than six cycles close together. But, she's the doctor, so I will follow what she says. Plus, I'm taking a one month break between, so it's three months on, one off, and six on. But, hopefully, I will not have to end up taking all of it! I'm just not going to worry about it now, and then decide later if I want to take it all. I can also take more breaks between those cycles. I'd probably end up doing that.

So, if I still find myself barren at the end of this natural cycle, I'm back onto the Clomid.

No comments: